Sunday, May 28, 2017

It's back! Sci-Fi Summer Read-a-Thon #SciFiSummerJune


I will always owe the inspiration for this event to Mallory (The Haunted Reading Room)...and so, we're back for our second year!

Details:
  • Read-a-Thon dates: Thursday, June 1 at 12:00am CDT until Wednesday, June 7 at 11:59pm CDT (adjust your time zone accordingly). We do a different day configuration (rather than starting on a Monday and ending on a Sunday) to go along with the weirdness of Sci-Fi. 👽
  • Since Sci-Fi is a very specific genre, this will be strictly reading science fiction during the event. However, since fantasy is so closely related to science fiction, if you feel more comfortable reading fantasy, that is also fine.
  • to check in on social media, we'll use hashtag #SciFiSummerJune
  • as usual, you do not have to have a blog to participate...feel free to link up and check in from Goodreads, Facebook, Twitter, etc. These days, it seems most of our activity goes on in our Facebook group which I love. 😍 We have a great community over there...and it's not just during readathons. Everyone should feel free to post in there any time. 
As with the Christmas Spirit Readathon, I usually do not secure prize donations, but I will be offering a couple of prizes from me.

I hope you're as excited as I am that we are continuing this tradition! If you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact me via the contact tab, or hit me up in the Facebook group.

SIGN UP!


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Easy-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.



Photobucket

Follow on Bloglovin

15 comments:

  1. This is going to be a great seven days. Exploring a genre that I don't usually read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are sub-genres within Science-Fiction so if you usually read horror, comedy, or spy novels you should be able to find something. Same with non-fiction. There are some sci-fi fiction out there that reads more like non-fiction. I just can't think of any off the top of my head.

      Good luck and have fun! I'm sure you'll find something to like about the genre

      Delete
  2. I'm currently listening to an urban fantasy book, so I'm excited to see that it qualifies!

    If anyone is looking for sci-fi recommendations, I just finished listening to Nemesis by Brendan Reichs and really enjoyed it!! I know, I should have saved it for the read-a-thon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's see if I can do better than I did during Spring into Horror!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been anticipating this!! Love my sci-fi!! And do I have a recommendation: Matthew Mather's NOMAD series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After not doing very well on my last readathon, (Tome Topple) I'm trying to be realistic. Just got my current read to finish first!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wasn't planning on participating, but why not! I'm going to be reading a bit of fantasy too...

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much fun! Sci-fi is my favorite genre by far!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been needing a push to start the Mass Effect novels so I'm so glad I found this! Plus I'm just getting into the Sci fi genre and I'm going to challenge myself to not read any fantasy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I can't wait- I already had 3 sci-fi books on my June TBR, Don't know if I'll get them done in the week but it sure will be fun to try.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've got a whole bunch of short sci-fi books to get to... looking forward to this excuse to read them all at once!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, I accidentally signed up for the 2016 one yesterday! XD But now I'm properly signed up. I have a few sci-fi books out from the library, so this is the perfect readathon for those.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm excited!! I've never been apart of a readathon before and I don't like sci-fi or fantasy all that much so I choose illuminae since it looks like an easy read. 📚💕 good luck everyone 😊

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm in, Michelle!

    Happy reading everyone!!!

    ReplyDelete
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/show-comment-box-above-comments-on.html#sthash.SyglVmdY.dpuf